31 October 2014

Scrapbook Boutique October 2014 Challenge

Just made it by the skin of my teeth!  I desperately wanted to enter the Scrapbook Boutique October Challenge because I knew exactly the photos I wanted to scrap as soon as I saw the inspiration photo. 

 I went to America with my best girlfriend in June and we spent a few days in New Orleans.  We walked down First Street in the Garden District at twilight, just like the character Michael Curry in Anne Rice's novel The Witching Hour (one of my all-time favourites).  The houses were amazing! 


This double layout has been done on Lavender KaiserCard, with matting done with Blossom KaiserCard.  I have stamped the title using Concord Crush SU! Inkpad (retired).  There are also some KaiserCraft rub-ons and clear heat embossing of an old PSX filigree stamp.  However, my favourite feature of this double layout is the fence.  I had taken a photo of a beautiful wrought iron fence in front of one of the houses.  My initial idea was to try to emboss it on my base layout card but the image was too pretty for that.  So I printed it on A4 card as it was, and also flipped the image horizontally and printed that altered image as well.  I have then (painstakingly!) cut out all the areas between the fence with my knife to show this detail, and have one fence cutout on each page of the layout, using the mid-line as a mirror effect.  It was a lot of work, but I'm very happy with the results!
Detail - Fence
Thanks for looking!
Deb.

2 comments:

  1. Oh you're making me jealous, I would love to go to New Orleans. Love the golden fence, it's the perfect choice! And I'm so glad you were able to join us at Scrapbook Boutique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gold fence is so eye catching Deb. A great LO to capture those fab memories.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear any comments you may have about my work! Thanks for stopping by!