27 October 2014

Christmas Cards for the Australian Defence Force

I've been working towards this moment all year!!  Mid-last year, I happened across the blog of a Stampin' Up! demonstrator in New South Wales, a lady by the name of Karen (the PaperLady).  She had come up with an initiative in 2009 to collect handmade Christmas cards to send off to our military personnel posted overseas, so that they would have beautiful, handmade Australian Christmas cards to send back home to their loved ones.  She has a contact within the care package distribution area of the Department of Defence in Sydney, and this is how these beautiful handmade cards make it to our troops posted throughout the world.  Here is the link to her page: Christmas Cards for Australian Defence Force

I made and sent off 75 Christmas Cards in my first year in 2013.

This year I am sending off 100 Christmas Cards, as well as 10 Male Birthday Cards; 10 Female Birthday Cards; 10 Valentine's Day Cards and 10 Mother's Day Cards.

All packed up and ready to go!


This is such a worthwhile cause, and I love to be involved.  It is my way of letting our troops know that they are in people's thoughts and are supported back home, and not just by their families!  Thank you Karen for providing this opportunity!

Deb.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments you may have about my work! Thanks for stopping by!