22 October 2014

Christmassy Inlaid Die Cutting Inspiration!

With sincere thanks to Therese at Lostinpaper for her awesome inspiration and easy-to-follow instructions, I have had a pretty successful go at the Inlaid Die Cutting technique (direct link above)!  I have applied it to a Christmas card design, using the Ornament Keepsake stamps and dies from Stampin' Up!



I had prepared the background using the Tape It stamp set from Stampin' Up! for a different card design, but it wasn't going to work properly.  Then, along came Therese's post and video, and whammo, inspiration with instructions was born!



I stamped and embossed the ornaments and die cut them out.  I then diecut out the round bauble directly from the card front and inserted the embossed die cut.  I followed with the other shape bauble, die cutting it directly from the card front (making sure it overlapped the round bauble), and then inserted the matching embossed die cut.

I have placed a paper liner on the inside of the card to cover up the 'workings' of the inlaid die cutting technique.

Thank you Therese for your awesome supply of inspiration!

These cards will be going somewhere 'special' and I will blog about that in a couple of days when I get them all finished...

Thanks for dropping by!

Deb.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments you may have about my work! Thanks for stopping by!