Here is a layout I've done for a Facebook group challenge, the criteria being for it to be spooky!
There are a lot of different techniques for this one, starting with using Gelatos and water on the black background to make the eyes and mouth. Then I distressed around the edges of the cardstock and added DecoArt Metallic Lustre in 'Black Shimmer'. The torn out edges have been 'filled' with crinkled and distressed red cardstock, and then highlighted with DecoArt Metallic Lustre in 'Radiant Red'. The green of the eyes has been highlighted with DecoArt Metallic Lustre in 'Elegant Emerald'. [Can you guess what new products I have to play with??!]
I smeared some Whipped Spackle across the page and heat-set it, and then used the 'Black Shimmer' Metallic Lustre to add stitches. I've used grey and orange paper, distressed with water and crinkled up, to break up the photos and give the page some interest. I also mixed up red Gelato with water in a mini mister and sprayed drops of 'blood' on the page.
For my title, I used chipboard letters "H" and "M", and heat embossed them white. They then got soaked in some Dylusions spray 'Postbox Red' to give the appearance of blood. The remaining letters were painted onto the background using a couple of layers of Gesso [the negative space of my set of chipboard alphas was used as a guide]. The purple outline of each letter has been made by mixing Gel Medium with 'Crushed Grape' Dylusions spray and outlining each letter with a brush.
Finally, I've added some 'brains' doodling to the top left hand corner, some red, bloodshot eye doodling to the whites of the eyes on the background and a handful of purple grey and black enamel dots.
This layout was a lot of fun to make! Thanks for stopping by!