11 October 2015

A Quick Layout

 To see the Caring Hearts Card Drive post, click the link!

The Pool

I have put together a quick layout (between cardmaking sessions) to enter into my friend Jodie's Facebook group monthly competition.  The criteria for the month of October was "bright" - okay!!!

I have used a few new products for this layout!  Starting with the Ken Oliver Colour Bursts in blue (and a bit of yellow) - these things are awesome!  What an easy way to create an effective and beautiful background!  I started by 'misting' water over the white background page and then lightly tapping the Colour Burst powder over it to activate the powder where it landed on the mist.  I then sprayed through the middle to create more of a puddle and added a bit of yellow to get a more aqua colour.  Once there was a good amount of liquid, I swirled my brush through in a circular motion, and then tipped the page around to allow the liquid to run in rivulets along the circular pattern.  I played around with this a bit more to get the look I was after.

Next I wanted to create an acetate panel to give some dimension to the page.  But I knew anything I did to the acetate would be lost on the background unless I backed it up with white card.  So I created my panel and backing card and then I used some Dylusions spray and dropped that onto the acetate, and then using a brush and Isocol rubbing alcohol, I worked the colour around on the acetate.  This gave a very cool watery feel.  To add further depth to this element, I used more of the Dylusions ink with Isocol to create the illusion of bubbles and 'water surface variation' at the top of the white card underneath the acetate.  I love how this turned out!

In my 'stash' of scrapbooking papers, I managed to find an old TCW sheet called "Pool" from the Colours of My Life range.  I've fussy-cut out my title 'The Pool" as well as the more sentiment-type thing "Splish Splash".  The colour of the TCW sheet was the wrong blue for my layout.  So I used 'Peacock Feathers' Distress Ink and water, with a brush, to add more of my aqua colour to the title pieces.  I also splatted some of that colour ink over the "Splish Splash" element.

I coloured up two lots of texture paste - one lime/yellow-ish and the other orange to replicate the colour of my kids' goggles in the photos.  This was stencilled on using a Kaisercraft stencil design.  However, once it was dry, the blue from the Colour Bursts on the background and bled through and changed the colour a bit too much.  So I used my Sakura Gelly Roll Pens to re-colour my texture paste.

I did a little tear down the left hand side and put some Stampin' Up! DSP of water behind it, and then used my new DecoArt Metallic Lustre in 'Black Shimmer' around the tear and smeared it along the edges.

The photos have been popped up on cardboard, and some enamel dots and journalling added.  I love how this page has come together and that I got to play with new stuff!!


1 comment:

I would love to hear any comments you may have about my work! Thanks for stopping by!