21 February 2016

CASE'ing a technique and design!

"Happy Mother's Day" cards for Troops


So, my mojo has been AWOL for about two weeks now, and it was really starting to get to me.  Thankfully, I watched a video by the wonderful Therese Calvird at lostinpaper!  She was stamping solid floral images and then adding depth and detail with her trusty Prismacolour Pencils... Check out her blog post for Altenew here!

So, although I don't have that same Altenew stamp set (yet), I decided to give this technique a go (and I have also used the same design principles as Therese).  Here are two cards I made...

The floral image is from Stampin' Up!'s 'Crazy About You' stamp set, and the leaf image is from the 'Flower Patch Stamp Set'.  The sentiment is from 'Wonderful Mother' (ret).

I stamped the flower in Hero Arts 'Bubble Gum' for the pink card and 'Butter Bar' for the yellow card.  The leaves were stamped using Stampin' Up!'s 'Pear Pizzaz'.  I then used my own set of Prismacolour Pencils to add depth to the inner parts of the petals and a bit of variegation to the leaves.  After fussy cutting out the coloured little panels, stamping the sentiment and sticking the panels down on fun foam, I added some Annabelle Stamps Sprinkles to the centres of the flowers as well as around the sentiment.

Thanks to Therese for always providing such inspiring work and showing us how to get the most out of our crafting supplies!

These two cards will be heading off to our Troops overseas!

Thanks for visiting!
Deb.xx

2 comments:

  1. When I read your comment over at my blog I just had to come straight over and see your cards, and they are both brilliant Deb! Love the cheerful flower and colours that you chose, and I agree, the possibilities are endless with this technique (and so easy too). Thanks so much for the lovely shout out, I hope you have a great and crafty week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very impressed how much beauty is in this simplicity that you created on your cards. Thank you for sharing Deb :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear any comments you may have about my work! Thanks for stopping by!