26 February 2015

Scrap Around The World ~ February Challenge

My goodness, what a stunning moodboard for the Scrap Around The World February Challenge (created by Tatiana Sidorenko)!
Gorgeous, isn't it?  I was immediately drawn to the colours, as green is my all time favourite.  I wanted to try a bit more 'mixed media' in my page for this one, and I'm pretty happy with the results:
I had initially machine-stitched my background paper onto a bit of dark olive cardstock to give it some strength (first time machine-stitching on any scrapbook page!).  I then spritzed some Glimmer Mist and allowed it to dry.  I then tinted up some texture paste and, using a Kaisercraft butterfly stencil, I applied my paste.  All of this was done within the first week or so of this month, and then I stopped...

I knew I wanted to do some layering work on this page, but I wasn't experienced in it AT ALL!  I needed some expert tutelage, and I got it when I went to my very first scrap retreat, hosted by the marvellous Bella Carta family.  They had arranged for the super-talented Beck BT (aka Beck Beattie) to host a mixed media class on the Saturday, and she has opened my eyes completely to a whole new way of preparing my scrapbook pages.  She has also brought to my attention the awesomeness that is Tinby Designs Metallic Melts!  Although my photo doesn't do it justice, I have used 'Glistening Snow' and 'First Light' Metallic Melts on my chipboard word "Lucky".  It looks awesome!!

The layering and background work in my layout is directly inspired by the page we created in that class, and I'm even using some of the 'negative space' chipboard pieces left over as well!  Whilst there is a lot more 'work' in this page, I feel that the photo is still the star, and that makes me happy!

Thanks for an awesome moodboard Scrap Around The World - it is truly stunning and inspirational!

Deb.xx


4 comments:

  1. Stunning layout! I All the best from SATW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your work! So fresh!
    Thank you for playing with SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely layout! I love your masking work and those great circles! Well done! All the best from SATW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This page is very sweet and beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing with us at SATW!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear any comments you may have about my work! Thanks for stopping by!