03 February 2015

CASE-ing a technique ~ Masked Striped Background

My first post today is about CASE-ing a gorgeous technique called "Masked Striped Background".  I saw it over on wonderful Miss Emma's My Creative Time blog yesterday.  Here is a snippet of her creation:
Gorgeous, isn't it?

So, I thought I'd like to give it a shot myself, and I knew just the card I wanted to make.  My bestie Sandra is having a birthday this week, and her favourite colour is purple.  I think it turned out pretty well...
I created a heart mask using my Avery Elle 'Needle Little Heart' die.  I then used some washi tape and 'Dusty Concord' Distress Ink with ink blending tool to create the striped background (check out Emma's post for instructions - mine is not as neat as hers!).

I then stamped the flourish from the 'Everything Eleanor' stamp set (Stampin' Up!) with Imperial Purple Versafine ink  The sentiment is from the 'Bring on the Cake' stamp set (Stampin' Up! - retired), also stamped with Imperial Purple Versafine ink.

For my final touch, I added some Lilac Sprinkles to the end points of the flourish to add a little bling.

Have a great day!
Deb. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments you may have about my work! Thanks for stopping by!