28 May 2015

Scrapbook Boutique ~ May Challenge

Golden Wedding Anniversary

I've actually had this card made for a while now, but haven't had the time to blog about it to create my challenge entry into this month's Scrapbook Boutique ~ May Challenge.  However, the very talented DT provided me with some much-needed inspiration in their fabulous Blog Hop - thank you ladies!  Here is the inspiration photo to work from:
The gold was always going to feature in my creation, as this month is my parents' Golden Wedding Anniversary.  Their anniversary date is tomorrow (29th), however, we had a family celebration on the 15th before their yearly sojourn north to avoid the cold Melbourne winter.  Here is the card I created for them:
I started by tinting some texture paste with pink ink and stencilling that onto a white cardfront using the Stampin' Up! hearts stencil.  I set it aside to dry.  (In hindsight, I could have just chalked through the stencil instead of adding texture paste, but I do love my stencilling of paste, so I'm not too unhappy with the result!)

Using the CTMH 'Wild About Love' stamp set, I stamped the image of the two foxes using VersaMark on vellum.  I then heat embossed the images with gold embossing powder.  I also stamped and heat embossed "Happy ...TH Anniversary" using the Stampin' Up! 'Memorable Moments' stamp set.  I coloured each fox's tail with my Prismacolour pencils on the reverse side of the vellum, to add a soft bit of extra colour.

I used number dies to cut out the "50" three times using white cardstock, and once using gold foil cardstock.  These were stacked together to create dimension (with the gold foil numbers on top, of course!!) and then stuck to the vellum.

I was conscious of my adhesive showing through my vellum, so I used Glue Dots 'Vellum' adhesive to stick it to the cardfront with the stencilled hearts texture paste.  It was never going to fully stick down, given the change in dimension on the background sheet.  So I used a pink satin ribbon and some Helmar 450 glue to fold my ribbon around both the vellum and the cardfront, thus creating a frame for the card which also served the purpose of hiding adhesive and keeping the two pieces together.  I then adhered the whole onto a cardfront and wrote my message inside the card.

Fifty years is such a long time to be married, and my parents are an inspiration to me in my own marriage.  Congratulations Mum & Dad!

Deb.xx

4 comments:

  1. So glad you brought this lovely card out into the open to be appreciated, Deb! Love the detail you have put into it - it has obviously been a labour of love for very special parents! You have managed to capture the essence of the inspiration pic so well - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't stop looking at those gold foxes, they are so fabulous for an anniversary card, not to mention all the other fantastic details! Have you ever tried a product by Glue dots for vellum, OMGosh it's amazing and you truly can't see it, (it's in a purple pack - I must ask Ev to get some more in at SB). Thanks for sharing with at Scrapbook Boutique, I always love to see what you've been up to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card and those foxes are so cute, I'm sure your parents will love it. Thanks for joining in at Scrapbook Boutique this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deb those sweet foxes are fantastic and I love the gold embossing. Your parents will love it. Big congrats to them for their anniversary.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear any comments you may have about my work! Thanks for stopping by!