27 January 2015

CASE-ing a technique!

The two things I love most about the blogisphere are firstly, the fantastic people you can 'meet' and secondly, the brilliant ideas and techniques you can learn from.  As crafty as I am, I don't necessarily come up with my own creative ideas very easily.  However, I can mimic things very well, and I learn very quickly.  When I saw Linda from A Happy Scramper's post on watercolouring a sentiment, I just knew I had to try it!  Here's a brief glimpse of what her work looks like:
Stunning, isn't it?  Firstly I had to find the right sentiment - something large enough to do the watercolour technique justice.  I decided on the "Happy Mother's Day" sentiment from the 'My Mother' stamp set (Stampin' Up! [retired I think]).  I also used a floral bouquet image from the 'I Like You' hostess stamp set (Stampin' Up!).  I made two different cards featuring different colour combinations:


I used Distress Inks to watercolour the sentiment as per Linda's technique, as well as to watercolour the images, using Worn Lipstick, Chipped Sapphire and Wild Honey on the left, and Evergreen Bough, Dusty Concord and Wild Honey on the right.  I finished the off by adding some Annabelle Stamps Sprinkles.  I'm really happy with how they turned out (although my photography can still use a bit of improvement - oh well, I'll get there eventually!)

Thanks to Linda at A Happy Scramper for continuing to demonstrate awesome techniques!

Cheers!
Deb.
xx

1 comment:

  1. Oh you're a sweetie and I'm so happy to have inspired you. Your cards look fabulous - I especially love all the different colours on the first one - sooo pretty! Like you I love to find an idea that just makes me want to craft - it's the best isn't it. Have a great week Deb:)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear any comments you may have about my work! Thanks for stopping by!