25 September 2015

A few more cards...

I've had lots of cards on the go recently:
  • making 26 cards for two swaps (a 20-card swap and a 6-card swap; not related to each other at all, so may as well use a design I'm happy with!);
  • finishing off some Butterfly Cards for DEBRA; and
  • another special birthday card for a special boy.

Christmas Card for swap(s)

First off, I'd like to give credit for the overall design of this card:  Therese Calvird has a beautiful wedding card featuring a bow on the cover of this month's Cardmaking, Stamping & Papercraft.  Where her design uses a bride and a panel of embossing, mine has a tree and patterned paper.  Thanks as always for your inspiration Therese!

There's quite a bit of work in this one as each of the trees has been paper-pieced.  So each one has been (partially) stamped out three times and fussy cut out.  The entire image was also stamped on the card base as a reference point for the paper-piecing, and then a piece of patterned paper added to the right hand side to give the card some interest.  Stamp a sentiment, add some sequins, and there you have it!!  Pretty easy card x26 to cover two swaps.

(However, as I was stamping and cutting that many, I decided to 'fill up' my green cardstock with as many trees as I could fit - that turned out to be 40!  So, I'm going to have 14 additional cards in this design to put towards other community endeavours...  More to come on this one... ;) )

More Butterfly Cards for DEBRA

I have come across a wonderful artist on Facebook, Toni Arthurs, and she has some amazing digital stamps.  As a 'thank you' for joining the group on Facebook, she has released a free digital stamp, and these cards are the result of this:


Given that the central theme of the digi is a beautiful butterfly, I knew I'd make these into cards for DEBRA.  The colouring has been done with Copics, with highlights in Prismacolour pencils.  I have also used Crystal Effects on the little 'frost dots' to give some texture and dimension.  The script die 'thanks' is by Clearly Besotted.

And now, another special card for a special boy

I have totally CASE'd this little robot dude from another card on Pinterest.  I've used an assortment of Stampin' Up! punches to make him, and used a score board and stylus to create the backing to make it look 'robotic'.  I've rubbed some metallic rub over the embossed scoring so it stands out a bit better.

This card is for a young man who is turning 9 on Monday.  Wishing Joshua a very happy day!

I've had to clear through this large assortment of cards on-the-go so that I can get into some challenges for the end of the month ~ watch out!  My blog is going to go 'post~al'!! :D

Thanks for visiting!

Deb.xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear any comments you may have about my work! Thanks for stopping by!